David Cook fans will be thrilled to know the Season 7 winner of American Idol is returning to the area in October.
And I know there are lots of David Cook fans out there based on the turnout for his past shows in York, including one sold-out and one nearly sold-out concert at the Pullo Center at Penn State York.
David has listed 20 shows on his website from mid-September through the end of October, and those include stops in Lancaster, Bethlehem and Philly, plus a show in Baltimore, Md.
The closest show, the one in Lancaster, is Tuesday, Oct. 22, at the Chameleon Club, 223 N. Water St. Tickets are $18-$20. Here’s a link for tickets.
Now 30 and living in Nashville, David is working on new music, but still isn’t certain how it will be released in his post-major-label days. He released a new single, “Laying Me Low,” independently earlier this year.
“We’ve been working on new material. I think one of the great things about this new stuff is we’ve really had the time and space to try some new things,” David said early last month, talking about an upcoming Texas Tango music festival appearance set for Sept. 21.
Around the same time he told Digital Journal: “My goal for this record is really to find the right home for it. This is probably as excited as I have been about music that I have been a part of in a really long time. I want to get this music out to as many ears as possible in the best way possible.”
If you haven’t heard David live before, you might be surprised at how fine a singer he is. Trust me, those Lancaster ticket prices are a bargain.
Here’s David performing “Laying Me Low” on Idol last spring. And for a look back at his November 2011 show in York, go here.
Cassadee Pope's new single
The Season 3 winner of The Voice released her new single -- "I am Invincible" -- on Friday. By 1 p.m., the song was already sitting at number 30 on the iTunes country singles chart. Head here. for more.
- Study shows demand for market-rate housing in downtown York City
- Friends bring craft cocktails and comfort food to York City's former Bistro 19
- FOOD INSPECTIONS: 6 York County establishments out of compliance
- Hanover woman accused of stealing from USPS
- Husband in Springettsbury murder-suicide recently lost dad and brother
- Police: Escaped Pennsylvania inmate suspected in killing captured after chase, ramming cruiser
- Improvements displace York City residents
- Dover man arrested, charged with kidnapping
- School closes after venomous spiders found for a 3rd time
- Research on vaping starts to clear smoke on possible health effects