David Cook fans will be thrilled to know the Season 7 winner of American Idol is returning to the area in October.
And I know there are lots of David Cook fans out there based on the turnout for his past shows in York, including one sold-out and one nearly sold-out concert at the Pullo Center at Penn State York.
David has listed 20 shows on his website from mid-September through the end of October, and those include stops in Lancaster, Bethlehem and Philly, plus a show in Baltimore, Md.
The closest show, the one in Lancaster, is Tuesday, Oct. 22, at the Chameleon Club, 223 N. Water St. Tickets are $18-$20. Here’s a link for tickets.
Now 30 and living in Nashville, David is working on new music, but still isn’t certain how it will be released in his post-major-label days. He released a new single, “Laying Me Low,” independently earlier this year.
“We’ve been working on new material. I think one of the great things about this new stuff is we’ve really had the time and space to try some new things,” David said early last month, talking about an upcoming Texas Tango music festival appearance set for Sept. 21.
Around the same time he told Digital Journal: “My goal for this record is really to find the right home for it. This is probably as excited as I have been about music that I have been a part of in a really long time. I want to get this music out to as many ears as possible in the best way possible.”
If you haven’t heard David live before, you might be surprised at how fine a singer he is. Trust me, those Lancaster ticket prices are a bargain.
Here’s David performing “Laying Me Low” on Idol last spring. And for a look back at his November 2011 show in York, go here.
Best of the Week on The Voice
Sawyer Fredericks got to close out the Season 8 performance finale on The Voice and did so in fine fashion, with this cover of "Old Man. For song by song grades for all the performances, head here.
- York City man shot in shin after robbery attempt
- Pa. man allegedly stole money meant to cover son's treatment
- Police: Pa. counselor charged after having sex with student
- Archaeologist digging for clues to Camp Security
- York-area obituaries for Sunday
- Prosecutors would face high bar in filing Amtrak charges
- Bird expert: Come see the Codorus State Park ospreys, but leave them alone
- Maryland woman found pushing dead 3-year-old son in swing
- Live stream: York County bald eagles set to become Internet stars
- Research on vaping starts to clear smoke on possible health effects