Caroline Pennell, Matthew Schuler top iTunes for The Voice
Apparently Blake Shelton wasn’t the only one so soothed by Caroline Pennell’s performance that he wanted to get a cat and curl up in a blanket.
The 17-year-old from Saddle River, N.J., earned a spot in the live shows on The Voice by winning a knockout round match with Anthony Paul in Tuesday’s episode.
This morning, her version of “The Way I Am” is proving the most popular song from last night’s show.
Even more popular than Matt Schuler’s acclaimed version of “Cosmic Love” by Florence and the Machine.
As of 11:30 a.m., the studio version of Caroline’s song was sitting at number 40 on iTunes 200 most downloaded singles.
It was also number 19 on the site’s pop chart.
Matthew’s version of “Cosmic Love” was number 76 overall and number nine on the alternative chart.
And Will Champlin’s version of “When I Was Your Man” checked in at 109 on the top 200 singles chart and 35 on the pop chart.
That means three tunes from Tuesday’s show cracked the top 200, compared to just one from Monday’s show.
But the best performing single from the knockout round is still Cole Vosbury’s Monday night performance of “Let Her Go.” It was sitting at 18 on the overall spot at 11:30 a.m., 22 positions higher than Caroline.
Other songs to chart on iTunes from last night’s show are as follows:
* Austin Jenckes “I’ll Be” was number 16 on the rock chart.
* James Wolpert of Lancaster was number 43 on the same chart with his cover of Foreigner’s “More Than a Feeling.”
* Preston Pohl was 60 on the pop chart with “No Woman, No Cry.”
* Jacquie Lee was 76 on the pop chart with “Stompa.”
* Stephanie Anne Johnson was 129 on the pop chart with “Don’t Know Why.”
* Ray Boudreaux was number 21 on the rock chart with “Hard to Handle.”
* Tamara Chauniece was number 67 on the R&B/Soul chart with “No One.”