Amber Carrington, Caroline Glaser star on iTunes
With Night 2 of the live rounds on The Voice set for tonight, I decided to see how the performances from last night are doing on iTunes.
Talk about surprises.
With the biggest delivered by Amber Carrington and Caroline Glaser.
Let’s run them down.
* I loved Amber’s show-opening performance of “Stay.” So, apparently, did lots of other folks. As of 6 p.m., her song was 18 among iTunes singles, the highest rank for any performance from last night.
* The second-highest song at that time was Michelle Chamuel’s “True Colors” at number 30, followed closely behind by Sarah Simmons at number 33 with “Angel.”
* Coming in fourth is the young singer-songwriter who admits she doesn’t have the big voice of her fellow Team Adam members. It mattered not to Voice fans. Caroline Glaser’s “The A Team” was number 36 on iTunes at 6 p.m. Perhaps more impressively, every one of her Voice performances is in the Top 200, and she’s the only performer from last night who can say that.
* Here’s another of the surprises. You won’t find Judith Hill on the iTunes singles chart until number 88. Apparently, fans weren’t exactly rushing to download her version of “Feeling Good.”
* The rest of Team Usher other than Michelle … well, all four of Caroline’s songs appear on the chart before you get to the second best on Team Usher — Josiah Hawley’s “Starlight” at number 189. At 6 p.m., Vedo was clinging to spot number 200 on the chart with “Against All Odds.” Cathia was nowhere to be found.
What’s that tell us?
Well, I’m pretty certain I would not want to be in Adam Levine’s shoes tomorrow night, regardless of how the voting goes.
To review, his singers finished in this order: 1. Amber Carrington; 2. Sarah Simmons; 3. Caroline Glaser (with an asterisk for three other songs in the top 200); 4. Judith Hill (and a pretty distant fourth).
If he wanted to do the show a favor, maybe Usher could save one of Adam’s team members instead of his own so none of those four very talented young women have to head home.